Monday, March 30, 2015

First week Here!

Me and Hermana Wortley, best trainer Ever!
So I made it! Here in Washington its absolutely gorgeous!


We first flew all day on Tuesday and met up with our Mission President and his wife and the APs. We then went to the mission home and ate a ton of food and slept peacefully. The next morning we had our first meeting about where our areas were, and then drove all day to our areas. I am currently in East Wenatchee, which is the whole east side of the Columbia River here in Wenatchee. 

My Trainer and Senior Companion is Hermana Wortley from Bountiful, Utah. She's awesome and we always have something to talk about together at the end of the day. 

So apparently, from what people have told me since I got here, Wenatchee is the Apple Capital of the world. That was tested this past week and I ate some fresh apples from my first area. They are absolutely delicious, holy cow!  My zone here is all completely Spanish speaking, even though some of us cover English wards, and we have a pair of sisters and a pair of elders who speak English. They are all such wonderful missionaries, and they are so amazing! I enjoy every minute I have around them. For my first day in the field we had trainer-trainee meetings back south in Kennewick, so we carpooled all the way back down to Kennewick, which was a 2 and a half hour drive... but it was also fun, because whenever we stopped for gas we all got out of the van and all gave out the new 'Because He Lives' pass along cards. We even tried to street contact around 8:30 at night when we stopped on our way home to deliver some district videos to other zones. My zone leaders and district leaders are all so awesome! 

My companion and I cover an English and a Spanish ward, thereforer our Sundays are extremely busy. Our Spanish ward is extremely small, so there's a lot of work to be done.  I have a lot of pictures of this beautiful area I am privileged to be in. I love it here so far, and the ward members here are so awesome!

For those of you who aren't serving missions, have you checked out the new video 'Because He Lives'?  I encourage those of you who have not seen it yet to find it and share it with everyone you come in contact with.  It's so absolutely wonderful! 

This week will be my first full week here in East Wenatchee and I'm so excited to see how this goes!
I'm loving it so far, and I'm sure I will love it even more the longer I serve here. 

I love you all and I wish you all the best Easter and General Conference weekend!

Matthew 28:6
#becausehelives 

and Yes, I have a car. 2014 Volkswagon. Its a wonderful car that we are blessed to have! But we also have done a lot of walking, so my legs are getting wooped into shape!


No comments:

Post a Comment