Monday, May 30, 2016

Reality of being a Missionary


So, this week was not what we expected at all.. We went from being on fire last transfer, to slowly turning into small tiny little sparks. I want to be honest with you all, my missionary friends, and my friends who will soon be going on missions. Living with someone for 24/7 is not easy sometimes, and when it's not you have to work it out. Heavenly Father wants the best for us, but he also expects a lot of work on our part.

I have been on quite the roller coaster on my mission with companions, and I want you to all know, that it WILL work out. Not everything is easy, but it's all worth it, and missionary work is only accomplish-able with the Holy Ghost. He is so extremely important to have at all times. And whenever you can't push through, you kneel in prayer and you ask for the strength, just as Nephi of old did.

17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.
18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again.



This work is SO important. What a blessing it is that we have been baptized, and that we have the Holy Ghost with us always. We MUST keep the Holy Ghost near. He guides us through everything, and if we don't listen to him and follow what he says, we will receive consequences of all shapes and sizes.
I promise that all is well.. But when problems rise up, I've kept my head above the water and never looked back.. I just keep swimming just as Dory explains.. :)



Love you all, have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment