Monday, May 16, 2016

Successful Temple Trip #3


Hi everyone! 

This past week went amazing! As a few of you know, I had my last temple trip of my mission this past week, and it was exactly what I needed at the exact right time. 


At the beginning of the week, we had our District meeting, which went better than usual!  But on our way to district counsel, we got a call from our vehicle coordinator who told us we needed an oil change AND a tire rotation that same exact day, right away.  Apparently we were over the due mileage for when we really needed it. But not too over, luckily!  So we had to stay in Hood River for a few hours while they changed our oil and rotated our tires.  It took about 3 hours when it should have taken only an hour and a half at the most... So unfortunately, we were out of our area, and we had nothing to do.. so we did some studying, and we also called some people's names that have been in our phone for quite some time, and we got some good OYM's from those people!  Later we had a lesson with Trevor, who we have been working with for quite some time, and we finally were able to get in with him again, which led to some discussion about an article in a New Era from last year.  He is still progressing so much.  It's so exciting!  He came to church again and loved it!  He's basically a member... He just can't get baptized yet..  But it's going awesome! 

Wednesday we had some awesome member-present lessons with a few investigators, and we had a great Practice Teach Lesson with a less active.  As the Washington Yakima Mission, we have been doing our best to become better teachers, and one of our goals as a mission is to involve the active and less active members in our areas and teach them a lesson from the missionary discussions, allowing them to feel the spirit, and for spiritual upliftment, and also for them to get a taste of what we are doing, so they'll be more excited to share the gospel with their friends.  We had a SWEET practice lesson that day, and she's excited to hear The Plan of Salvation this upcoming week! T

Thursday was our Temple day. WOW! The spirit hit me like a wall.... I truly miss going to the temple so often. While going every 6 months is nice, and it's a good pick-me-up every few months. I wish we had more opportunities to go to the temple more often, because I'm starting to really realize how much I need it and more often!  We drove to Kennewick with Sister Curtis, a sweet member in our ward. We arrived at the temple around 9:00 before the session started and got ready to be in our seats. But as I had been in the changing room, a very familiar face walked passed me... I knew this face very well at the beginning of my mission.  Hermana Heather James recently returned home for some medical problems from the Nashville TN mission, and seeing her face once again was one of the biggest sighs of relief I've had on my mission... Seeing her, hugging the tears out of each other's eyes, it was one of the best feelings ever!!  WOW!  I still can't believe I was able to see her. Unfortunately I did not see her after the session, but I did get other news from a familiar face I knew from Yakima, that told me a less active family that Hermana Aldrich and I visited is now active, and the missionaries are currently activating their son. As a family they are working towards going to the temple soon to be sealed, and we heard a bit of news of some other people as well. It's so strange to be hearing such things from familiar faces, But it was a great comfort to me this week to know that even though I don't feel adequate, through the hard work in the past that I've been looking down on, has paid off, and I feel such relief. 


As I entered the Celestial room, I was looking for many answers... to many many questions. But I soon came across a scripture that led to all my other questions and my searching. This certain chapter is now a very dear place in my heart and It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've had yet to discover and find. I am truly happy to be a member of this church, to have received so many spiritual and physical blessings of having the restored gospel in my life. I can promise each of you, (my current missionary friends) that as you continue to teach people of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and also in your own work at home (for those of you at home) that the Temple has MANY things in store for us that we cannot comprehend in our own hearts and minds. I truly did not feel a bit of stress on my back as I entered the doors of the temple, And as we left the temple, I still felt the endless peace of God's love for me. 

I love you all, Have a great wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment