Monday, April 25, 2016

We walk by Faith, not by sight..

Hello Hello! Howdy Ya'll! (Thanks to my Texan companion)


So this past week was so awesome!  We have some amazing new investigators we will be working with this upcoming week! The Derek Family is awesome, they have 2 kids, and they have TONS of questions, they are super amazing. Their Son, Japhia, said the first prayer, and he simply asked... "Please bless me with enlightenment and knowledge of my purpose."  Mind you, he's 10 years old. #yeahdawgie  The weather has been AWESOME this past week as well, it got into the 90's already... Hermana Knight LOVED It, but I couldn't stand it... until I remembered it gets darker later in the evening, so that means we can tract until 9:00 pm in our area now. Woot woot!

I was really struggling this past week with some personal things, and Monday night I kept bottling them up until I couldn't take it anymore. I am SOOOO glad that I am with Hermana Knight because she has truly taken me for who I am. Wow. I couldn't be more happy with any other companion! After she and I talked some things out, I realized I hadn't had a priesthood blessing in over 2 months... I usually can't go a month or so without a priesthood blessing. So we called up my 2nd counselor in our bishopric and asked if he would. He and his wife are amazing! I love them to death, and the blessing was exactly what I needed. Short and Sweet!

We drove out to a far part of our area called "Carson" and contacted a referral.  We hadn't ever been up in Carson before, so that was really cool!  He wasn't too interested, but we left him a Book of Mormon anyway. Hermana Knight has a special medical condition called Insulin resistance, which is very similar to Diabetes, and she can't eat a lot of carbs, bread, etc. or sweets.  She drank some soda this past week and she was NOT doing well, so on our way up to Carson she got very car sick, and took some motion sickness pills, which made her super drowsy, and then we had to go eat at a members house and after that let her sleep it all off. It was hilarious! She was so out of it, but she's doing better now.



Here's a scripture for Ya'lls souls. 

2nd Corinthians 5:6
 5. There fore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.
6. (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

I know for sure I have not walked by sight this week, it has all been by faith.  Through it all, He has lead me with His hand, and He has never let go of me. I am so happy and thrilled to be a missionary, and it's probably never going to hit me that I am almost done... It's so strange... but I'm not thinking about it. 

Love you all, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment