Monday, May 4, 2015

First Transfer, made it!

This past week was definitely hard, as my stress and anxiety continues to increase.  I have received a blessing this past week from my District Leader, which helped a lot. 

This past week we unfortunately had the Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee, and it was... let me tell you, incredibly busy with everyone in town.  Car shows, car parades, the carnival, the fair, the whole sha-bang!  Let's just say that the Apple Blosson Festival... STOLE all of our investigators and took our appointments with them... that's the only way to put it!  Conversely, we have had lots of tracting opportunities this week and we even went on a hike last P day with our district. It was pretty awesome!

So one of the miracles we've had this week was when we were tracting on Saturday night, we got transfer calls.  No worries, Hermana Wortley and I are staying! :)  We received a call from our Zone Leaders about a new project we are starting to increase our attendance in our Spanish group (we are starting to have activities once a week to help our less-actives get together and know each other) and they asked us how many new people we were going to find that night.... well, we said 2!  We were a bit nervous for that, but we were able to follow the Spirit and in the last 10 minutes of the night we found 2 potential investigators, that we plan on visiting later this week. It was a miracle!

This week I have been learning to put my trust in the Lord with my anxieties. I have definitely magnified the role of prayer in my life, and it brings comfort at each of my prayers that he IS listening. He DOES care about each of us, but when we don't feel a confirmation of him listening, we MUST GO TO WORK!  I've been thinking back on what President Gordon B. Hinckley said when he wrote home while he was in England on his mission when he really wanted to come home.  His father wrote back and said, "Gordon, forget yourself and go to work"!

The Lord pours blessings upon us every week that we sometimes take for granted!  Every little blessing counts! 
My companion has been my rock, and she always will be.  I feel incredibly lucky to be her companion!  Her mom made me a scripture case for my English quad, and I'm in love with it!  We have also been running to the bakery, ya know... once in a while for the best donuts in the world!  Yum...



No comments:

Post a Comment