Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The name tag never comes off!

All us Spanish missionaries for the Spanish ward

Hello my fellow missionaries and family. 

This is my final last two days as a missionary. 

I can't believe how much this gospel has changed me. I honestly cannot believe it. As I started my mission, I was stubborn once in a while, and it took me a while to learn certain things, But I now have become someone I never thought I could become. And it's all thanks to the plan that Heavenly Father created for me, the potential that he has given me to become like him. He will forever be what I like to call, is a word in Spanish that doesn't translate to English. "Amparo" Is usually used as a woman's name, but Amparo literally means shelter from the storm, or safe haven. He has protected me, kept me accountable to him, and has been there at every single moment during my mission, even when I couldn't admit it to myself, he has ALWAYS been there. 

Being a missionary, is hard, fun, exciting, stressful, and just every kind of feeling rolled into one. But one thing I know for sure, is that being a missionary is probably one of the best things you could do during your life time. Whether you are able to at this moment, after finishing high school, or if needs be, wait for a time, possibly until your married, but being a missionary is something I recommend to every member, because honestly, it's something that not everyone can comprehend. All you can do is just go for it; serve a mission, and find those people who are in need of the gospel. Because everyone needs it, not just members.

Our District
This part of the country has my heart. The people, this place, all have special places in my heart. Even when I am released, and I am asked to take it off, my name tag will be forever carved on my heart. 

I'll see you all in a few days. 

At the airport on August 16th, leaving her mission.  This was sent to Mom's email address from Sister Lewis this morning.  


Silly Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment