Monday, August 8, 2016

Last minute miracles are the BEST!

Hello everyone! 

So this past week we did AWESOME! We had some sweet member present lessons with some really sweet members, in particular, an RM in one of our English wards that just got home from his mission to El Salvador. Holy cow, let me say, he's a bold man! Jorden was so loving and bold with our house full of investigators, whom are named, Elizar, Benjamin, Ismael (who's brother referred the elders to this house full of gold) and Coset. They are all so ready to eat up the Gospel, mainly Elizar. He loves and eats up the Bible, and talks about it quite often. We had two sweet lessons with him this past week, first with Jorden (during this lesson with Jorden there, Elizar he would do his best to read at least 30 pages in the Book of Mormon... Pues, we'll follow up on that then! unfortunately not, he's still intrigued by the concept of The Great Apostasy) and then another RM, Stefano, who just returned from Mexico, but he and his family are originally from Ecuador (This family blows my mind, I love them so much) and it went super well with Elizar and Stefano, and then Elizar brought up the question about the Holy Ghost and how a person should receive it, and that lead the conversation to baptism, and this was all after we had an in depth conversation about the Great Apostasy.... So it definitely wasn't something we planned on, but we did however, set up another return appointment so that we could talk about baptism. Mind you, he's already accepted the challenge, but tonight we are going to put him on date! We have plans to stop by just about every day to go teach them, as well as reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible together, because he literally begs us to explain the comparison, but we aren't even complaining. We are just happy he's so willing and ready to listen, and understand more about the church.
The beautiful plants of WA. :) 

Thursday was quite a challenge.. Hermana Baird became sick during the night and couldn't sleep. She finally was able to go back to sleep.  When I realized first, how sick she really was, which was a small case of horrible food poisoning, and second, that we were to receive a mini missionary that same morning to come out with us while her original sisters had meetings in Yakima. So, she showed up anyway, and started language study with me, and then we had a few appointments, one being with this youth's Mom, which was so funny once we jumped in her Mom's car.. Oh goodness, that family, is related to the amazing RM Jorden.. They are such missionaries! We then were picked up for dinner, which Hermana Baird was able to eat a bit, then we returned to our house so she could rest, and then we headed out to correlation at the seminary building. We then met a couple who are members, who's daughter is heading to Brazil in September for her mission, and their family is the main fellowship for a Part Member Family we are trying to get a hold of, so luckily they will be coming with us this week sometime. 
We did a lot of walking again this past week, it was awesome! I'm finally getting more used to it, even though I come home in about a week, No big deal.

Then yesterday, we were street contacting when we met a young father in one of the near by parks and started talking with him, and he said something super profound that I wanted to share, and no, he's not a member.
"You know what missionaries? God doesn't have authority..." *oh shoot* "He has POWER! He gave his authority, which is to act in God's name, to his son, who is by the way, a completely different person, and then Christ gave his authority all down the line through the apostles. That's what makes sense to me, but I need to know what the Holy Ghost exactly is... Can you explain it to me?"
Holy Goodness sakes alive, we sure can Pedro! He basically set up his own appointment, and wants us to meet his wife, and even asked if we can kneel during the lessons we give him and his family. We have been sincerely blessed to find Pedro, and Elizar, a long with a few more people that we have appointments with this week, and I don't even think that happens very often. We have an appointment set up, at least 1 every day for this week. Woohoo!  I am so happy to take part of these last minute miracles, and to conquer out my last full week in the field.

On top of all of these miracles... 
We got 2 texts this week from Hermana Knight and her green child Hermana Hull.
"Trevor is getting baptized August 20th!"
The second one said this...
"Trevor is getting baptized August 13th, woo hoo!"

I literally can't believe it's happening... He's finally ready, I won't be able to attend the baptism, but I'm just happy it's happening! I'm literally on top of the world today, I am SO happy how much the gospel has helped me be an instrument in the Lord's hands, and how much more it will influence me for good as I finish strong this week. 
I know that God lives, and that he has a body of flesh and bone, and I know that his Son, The Only Begotten Jesus Christ, has suffered and died for every single pain, and unfair thing in this world, not only so that we wouldn't feel alone in our lives, but also so that we may repent and become clean again, through his atonement. I am so happy to be a missionary, I love this amazing job I have to carry out for the Lord. I LOVE being a missionary. 

Hermana Marble

A really wide door we found.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment