Monday, July 4, 2016

Adios White Salmon!

Hi everyone! 

Happy 4th of July! Hope your day is full of fun plans! This past week has been really slow again. Not much has been happening... But we did have a great revelation experience this past week together.  On the verge of tears, laughing so hard because we were so frustrated, and ready to tear our planners apart, Hermana Knight opened her scriptures to something that completely changed our point of view.

In the Doctrine & Covenants section 25 is when Heavenly Father instructs Emma Smith to compile hymns and songs for the saints, and these are the first three verses of the chapter that called our attention. 

 Hearken unto the voice of the Lord your God, while speak unto you, Emma  Smith, my daughter; for verily say unto you, all those who receive my gospel are sons and daughters imy kingdom.
 revelation give unto yoconcerning my will; and if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue  before me, will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion.
 Behold, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou art an elect ladywhom have called.
Through every little struggle we've had, this whole chapter brought so much comfort to us in our time of need. This chapter was literally an answer to our prayers, which I know and can testify that our prayers were answered, and that Heavenly Father DOES listen. We just have to pay attention to the "still small voice." Lately as from my past emails/blog posts, Hermana Knight and I have had a struggle. Together as a companionship, and especially in our area... We've been struggling with so many things, but we've come to the conclusion that we have learned SO much together that we are in store for some new changes soon. 

When transfer call day came on Saturday, neither of us knew what to expect... But surprisingly, we got a call! President Lewis has asked Hermana Knight to train a brand new missionary, and he's asked me to return to Wenatchee, to cover an area of two English wards, and to work in the Spanish ward I used to work in at the beginning of my time there; ever since after that split it became harder for us.

I WONT BE TEACHING IN ENGLISH ANYMORE. 

This is just so crazy for me to think about.. My Spanish is rusty, but luckily I'll be fixing it up in no time!  Right after I left that area, they pulled together the Spanish ward into our stake center and had a lot of changes, so this will be very interesting!  I am quite sad to leave White Salmon, but I'm happy to have another chance and another shot at finishing strong in my "baby area".  I am a little sad for Hermana Knight, for training a new missionary in a very very very slow area, but I am so excited for her to train!  She's gonna be one of the best trainers I've ever worked with. She's gonna rock that new Hermanita's socks right off!  Well, I am extremely thankful I could serve in The Dalles, and work with my amazing zone.  They are all basically my role models, and this area has so much potential.  We are seeing little small miracles every day despite our slow areas, and of course, we've spent quality time together. I love these missionaries, they'll always be in my heart.

I can't wait to get back up to Wenatchee, this has been an amazing journey, I'm going back. 
Love you all!

 We hiked to Wachela falls last Pday, because this is my favorite water fall in this whole area, and no body had been to it yet except for me... So Hna Knight and I pulled together our zone for the short hike. #exiledtothedalles❤🤘⛵🌊 



No comments:

Post a Comment