Monday, March 28, 2016

I can do ALL things through Christ!

Fun News, I'm a grandma!  Hermana Perry, who I half trained in Toppenish, is now training in Sunnyside, so we have this cute three generation picture to show. 😅
So this past week was amazing, frustrating, and a whole roller coaster at the same time, for one of the many times so far. 

We had some sweet lessons with Trevor, who has officially chosen a date to work towards. April 23rd, everyone! We are so excited, he still feels nervous, but he knows it's what he's wanted for awhile, and it's what is going to help him step into eternity with his Heavenly Father.  We also had an awesome lesson with Satika, who is the best friend of another one of the youth in the ward. She lives in Hood River, so the Elders across the river will start teaching her. The Elders have another young girl who wants to get baptized who technically lives in our area, and we are so excited to teach her!  Adriana has had it rough.  She lives with her Mom most of the week and goes to church with her Dad in the Elders' ward, so we are basically having a swap of investigators with the Elders.  It should be exciting this week!  We have plans to teach Trevor in some members' homes and we can't wait.  We are patiently preparing for those lessons. 

I've had my moments this week, but every time I've gotten down on my knees, I've entered my own world for a while. I testify to each of you that the Atonement is real, and that Jesus Christ truly did die for each of us, and I know, and testify, that even though none of us were on earth to witness his sacrifice and death, that we each watched him suffer from our kingdom up above before we were sent to earth with our glorious gifts - our bodies. 
I am so thankful for Him and his sacrifice, and for the Zone Conference we had this past week in Yakima.  It was so good to see everyone, and to spend our time talking about Jesus Christ and the last week of his life. 

Another piece of Joy for Ya'll!
 
We had to drive our own car to Yakima this past week, 2 1/2 hour drive, but it was decent, as you can tell by this picture... It was a blast.  Loved having the road trip and being able to clunk out after we got home... 


No comments:

Post a Comment