Monday, January 18, 2016

Sick again & Chessy's Baptism!



Hi everyone! 

Wow, you wouldn't believe how my week went!  This week we had a lot of wonderful lessons with Chessy again, and she even got her interview!  We've had really sweet, simple lessons with her, and then she had her interview with our new district leader, who is Elder Jimenez. He's great!  Chessy's Dad even told him during their interview that he still wants to get baptized, and after talking about the priesthood authority, how he could give blessings to his wife and Chessy after he receives the Melchizedek Priesthood.  He's completely on board.  He already has a testimony of Joseph Smith and that he was a prophet of God!  On the other hand, Delia his wife, Chessy's Mom, we haven't been able to visit with for quite a while.  But she will come a long soon.  They both gave permission to Chessy to get baptized, and our Branch President went ahead and baptized her and confirmed her!  The spirit was so strong as we watched her from the top of the stairs of the font while He was baptizing her. She said she felt relieved from everything.  We emphasized this week on the sacrament and the Laws & Ordinances lesson from Preach My Gospel this week to finish her up.  It was amazing!  Wow, she's glowing!  All during her baptism, I was becoming sick with something, not really sure what.  Let's just say I thought it was reasonable to eat fast food after Chessy's interview lesson because of celebration... Either way, my body isn't too happy with me.  I was able to push through her baptism and feel the spirit so strongly, and I couldn't believe that it happened!
WITHOUT FAITH, GOOD WORKS ARE DEAD!  

Her confirmation was even more beautiful!  The blessing was perfect for her.  Soon we will be teaching her parents, hopefully, if her mom's work hours allow.  They all know that the church is true, it's just fitting in the time to teach them both together, and having members come with us every time. This week was amazing!

I LOVE being a missionary, I never ever EVER want to come home... no offense to my family... but I just love Washington so much... I still can't believe I'm here.  I always dreamed when I was young of serving a mission in Washington with a lot of rain and preferably Seattle, so I could see my Uncle, but Yakima is even better!  I love being so close with President and Sister Lewis, and seeing them so often. They even came to Chessy's Baptism! 

I love seeing the Gospel change people's hearts, their perspectives, their complete lifestyles... It's incredible how much relief and refuge the Gospel of Jesus Christ provides. I stay on my mission for every perfect reason because he stayed in the Garden for me.  I dive into the Book of Mormon every day for something to share with others, and this is what I'll share with you all today..

3rd Nephi 16: 19-20
19. Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem; for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem. 
20. The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment