Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Second week, All is well... and CCM surprise!

Howdy Ya'll! Update time!


Forgive me in advance, I'm still trying to get used to this Spanish keyboard. 

So this past week has been absolutely great, mainly because I love my companion so much, and we get a long so well. Guys, we could be paternal twins.  No joke.  We work so well together, it's amazing!  We were recently given an 'investigator' to teach, but he ended up being our new afternoon teacher in our classroom. It's cool how they get all the teaching in with our resources. They basically play roles of people that our teachers taught on THEIR missions, who had the same problems. So after committing D..... to baptism, he shows up the next day in the afternoon as our afternoon language teacher! It's awesome. 

We also have a chance to do service every week.  Last week and this week we filled and cleaned water tanks. I think that's what you call them.  It's those water jug tank machines that you can fill your bottles from.  I hope that's right!

So I'm not sure who else knows this, but David Archuleta attended a Evening Devotional at the Provo MTC about a month ago, and apparently half of the missionaries on campus saw him walking around with the CCM President on Saturday afternoon. We got so excited because we thought he would come and talk and sing to us... But unfortunately did not. It was a little sad, but he told our CCM President to tell us all hi for him, which was just as cool! 

Sunday, two days ago, I gave my first Spanish talk!  I make an outline of what I want to say, and then I just translate it into Spanish with what I currently know, and what my dictionary can give me. It didn't turn out as well as I thought, but the spirit worked through me very well. I talked about how Priesthood blessings have blessed my life so much since I was young, and I had a few pauses where I couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to say, because I also didn't have a whole lot on my paper, but I did my best!

I also learned this week how we missionaries are sort of like those glass prisms that are on chandeliers and such. We have to be in tune with the spirit in order for the spirit to work on our investigator, and for them to receive revelation from our Padre Celestial *Heavenly Father*. It's been amazing how well the spirit has worked through me this week with our lessons, our companionship studies that Hermana Harston and I have, and also our spiritual thoughts as a district as we separate to go home after language study. It's amazing! I've loved being here!

So everyone and their districts are able to visit the Mexico City Temple and sometimes do a session, but for the past few months no one has been able to do a session because of temple construction. It reminds me a lot of the San Antonio Texas temple, and even the San Jose Costa Rica temple. Square, boxy, but absolutely stunning! 
We got a tour of the visitor center, then went to the small visitor center store. Everyone comes back with these awesome scripture covers, and they're are pretty cheap and awesome. So I got one for my Spanish Bible and one for my Book of Mormon to protect them. The scriptures they gave us in Spanish are super nice. I read the Spanish and English Book of Mormon together every night so I can comprehend the language and learn more. It's wonderful here!

Me and the hermanas including our short, cute teacher, Hermana Arnaud. She is amazing!
Our District leader, Elder Johnson, and me and my companion are all going to the same mission, and we just found out that all three of us are on the same flight together to Kennewick, which is awesome! I'm so excited!
I've also been having some weird symptoms, they aren't too bad, and I'm watching what I'm eating, but its just totally random. So hopefully I don't need to go to the infermia this week *our nurses office*.  Elder Chia has already gone twice for jamming his thumb playing volleyball. His thumb is fine now though. Don't worry, I'm not gonna die guys, Haha!  I really enjoy it here, and driving to the temple this morning was beautiful, and the town is so cool. But also very busy and dangerous. I'm thankful for the mission I'm being sent to... Haha. Anyway, enjoy the pics! Love you all, thanks for all the awesome emails! I love them! Also, letters take about 3 weeks to get here, so if you want to send me one, send it to my mission home, which I'll have my Mom attach somewhere on the blog.

Love you guys, the Church is true! 

Preseverar hasta al fin!
*Endure to the end*

Hermana Sarah Marble (must use both names)
8202 W. Quinault Ave #D  (as in dynamite)
Kennewick, WA  99336




No comments:

Post a Comment