Tuesday, September 29, 2015

To be a missionary....


Hey-yo Everyone-o!

This past week has honestly been a little slow, but it's wonderful being a missionary.
Only one of our investigators has come to church in the past two months since I've been here. We can't seem to figure out why they commit and are ready during a lesson but then don't commit in action. It's been busy, a bit saddening, but a sweet week. We had a Zone Conference with President and Sister Lewis in Yakima again. We love spending time with them. Our Zone Conference was a lot about finding through members, getting members excited about missionary work, and especially about Family History. Who's been on Family History lately? I have an invitation for you all who aren't currently busy serving a mission to go jump on Family History and look for work to do!  Index, look at a branch you haven't ever seen yet, especially because the church is now providing little booklets to fill it out on paper, then you can put pictures in and even share and show your friends. I would encourage each of you to share your knowledge about Family History with a friend who may not be a member or members who don't use it enough. 

This past Sunday was Fast Sunday... which is a favorite for some, not so much a favorite for others, but as missionaries, Fast Sunday is the best day to petition the Lord for the desires of your hearts and to truly show your faith in him. But this past Sunday even though we didn't hold any special fast, I was spiritually fed.  I came up with phrases about being a missionary to explain a bit about my week. 

Our investigators don't always come to church, but it's great to be a missionary. 
We are tired physically and mentally all the time, but it's great to be a missionary.
We walk and talk for hours on end, but it's great to be a missionary.
We don't always see miracles, but it's great to be a missionary. 
We don't always see fruits of our labors, but it's great to be a missionary.
We get doors slammed in our faces, but it's great to be a missionary. 

Being a missionary, is super humbling, and it's my favorite part of being here. I am so thankful to be here and to have such a wonderful family. I don't have much more to talk about, but I'll leave you all with my testimony that I know that this church is true, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here on a mission serving the Lord. 

Have a wonderful-o week-o!


No comments:

Post a Comment